Livestreaming is one of the most powerful tools that you can leverage for your company’s digital marketing strategy and approach. Engaging with your audience in real-time and providing them unique experience comes second to none with most content experiences. In the world of content marketing, livestreaming is quickly becoming one of the most common and powerful tools for organizations.
As powerful as it is, if done incorrectly, it can yield weak results or even hurt your brand!
One of the most common shortcomings of livestream content is the quality of the actual livestream. If you’re looking to engage with your audience effectively and produce content that is Evergreen in nature, the quality of the livestream is vitally important.
After talking with several leaders involved in their organization’s marketing and content strategy efforts, livestreaming can seem expensive and daunting. The truth is, it doesn’t have to be.
You can get a livestream that looks like a million dollars on a tight budget.
In this article I’ll cover 3 different ways that you can take your livestream to the next level.
Church leaders – none of these options will work for livestreaming a church service.
In fact, if you are livestreaming a church service, you are missing the mark entirely!
Download my Ultimate (Unofficial) Guide to Livestreaming to see WHY!
Mevo by Livestream – $299.99 – $399.99
Mevo is likely the simplest and most effective way to give your livestream incredible quality without breaking the bank.
Mevo is a complete livestreaming solution that allows you to setup and shoot wherever you are with great quality. They have a huge community of people that are willing and able to help, a dedicated support staff and a large user-base which is always a huge plus; big userbases typically means that new features and software will be considered with each release more often. Here are some of the most notable features that places it at the top of my list:
- Multi-camera action (without multiple cameras): You can cut and edit your stream in real-time using Mevo’s incredible mobile application. Prior to going live, you can setup the shots you want and cut to them dynamically while your stream is happening!
- 1080p streaming and 4k native: Not only can you stream in hi-def, you can also shoot in 4k which can be saved natively to an SD card that is inserted into the camera. You can record events in 4k while streaming – this is the one of the best features about this product.
- Livetracking subjects: Move around a lot? Mevo’s dynamic live-tracking will actually allow you to track the individual portraits and shots seamlessly. It’s not a perfect feature, but if your subject is making minor movements, Mevo will keep it framed the entire time.
- Connect on Wi-fi, LTE or Ethernet: Use any internet connection you have available to shoot – imagine doing a livestream inside of a Starbucks, or on location at an event!
Mevo is one of my favorite products for livestreaming and I would definitely encourage anyone to consider using it if they are looking for quality AND value. Check out this sample Mevo video below.
The next option has a drop in quality, but also a big drop in price and setup time, which is why I ALSO recommend the…
Logitech C922x Webcam – $99.99
The Logitech C922x webcam is a great, simple and cheap solution for livestreaming with really good quality. There are a few limitations, such as needing a laptop or computer to stream from and also lacking the ability to do multiple edits/cuts, but for the price-point, it is a great alternative.
The Logitech C922x has a few standout features:
- Stream at 1080p with 30fps or you can stream at 720p at 60fps. Either way you are getting great looking video.
- Great built-in stereo microphone for audio – not the best on the market, but again, for the price-point it is pretty stand out.
- Setup and start streaming in minutes – One of the biggest benefits of the Logitech C922x is that you can connect it and start streaming almost immediately. Setup is plug and play and it works with Apple and Windows computers.
If you’re looking to get your feet wet with livestreaming without it costing an arm and a leg, this is the option for you. Even with some of the drawbacks, it is still one way to get a great looking video. If you are looking to supplement this option to get better sound or visuals, consider getting some simple lights or even an external microphone that you can use via USB to help enhance the quality. They are small changes that you can make right away to notch up your livestream. Check out the video below for a more detailed look at the C922x.
This last option is for tech savvy people, but is still a great choice.
StarTech.com USB Video Capture Device – $129.99
The StarTech USB Video Capture Device is the only option listed in this blog that does not include a video camera option. Even though this option for livestreaming doesn’t have a camera included, the potential is huge and here is why…
With StarTech’s equipment, you can use any camera that you already have, that has an HDMI output, to do a livestream.
That means equipment that your organization already owns or uses, can be used for DSLR/video camera quality livestreams and audio!
This device can be used for DSLRs, camcorders, and anything else that has an HDMI out, including a video game console (if that’s your niche). When you have that sort of flexibility, you can begin to create livestreaming content that excels in visual and audio quality. You could potentially have the best looking livestream using this method, but it might take some time to setup. There are also a lot more considerations with this setup; how you setup your camera, lenses, audio and subject will all be much more important to maximize the value and quality. The video below doesn’t showcase the Startech product, but shows how to use dongles or products like the Startech USB Video Capture to turn a DSLR camera into a livestream camera.
Creating great content doesn’t have to be hard or break the bank. Find an option that works for you and start using livestreams to engage your audience TODAY!
Which option from this list makes the most sense for you?
Ready to inject your digital marketing
strategy with hyper-fuel?🚀
If you have been seriously looking into digital marketing, but aren’t sure where to start, we will do a complimentary business marketing audit and give you a complete list of recommended action items you should take to elevate your digital marketing strategy. The information is yours to keep – no hard sales tactics here.